Saturday, November 3, 2007

Community Service - Fairlawn Neighbourhood Centre


'

I was helping out to set up / take down the Art Show and Sale that took place on Friday and Saturday. I went with Johnathan Li. It was sort of fun, working in an entirely new environment. Also, we got to see some incredible artwork done by artists around the area. I particularly like the one in the second picture I posted, of a chef kicking another chef's butt, causing the other chef to spill all his food materials. The artist has quite the imagination! :P We did a lot of manual lifting and carrying throughout the three floors of the building, moving tables down to the basement and helping artists load their belongings back into their cars. It was hectic! However, I wouldn't mind doing this again, as I can not only get community hours, but also get more artistic ideas that I can implement into my artwork from the several artists of the show.

No comments: