Sunday, October 7, 2007

Indeed an inconvenient TRUTH...



I took this picture from the book adaptation of the movie "The Inconvenient Truth". I watched much of the movie for the first time in Geography class on Friday. Al Gore's evidence was devastating, as the images he showed were all contributing factors to apocalypse. It was uneasy for me to sit still while watching that movie, as the evidence stirred an image of the world's future in my head. Thousands of questions and worries began popping up, none of which could be answered by even the most adept person in the world. What would happen to the world if these changes continued to occur? What will happen to us? Will the end of the world come? This picture was one of various shocking images Al Gore showed. I've only heard of the glaciers of the world melting, but not as tragically as this - cliffs of ice dropping into the watery depths below. Other images that I saw that disturbed me greatly were the projections of what would happen to the coastline cities / countries if the ocean surface level increased higher than the coastlines - the cities were drowned in ocean water. I imagined the populations of people drowning to death because of these disasters. Al Gore really took the global common image of global warming to the next step, as it was indeed an inconvenient truth to live in this world, fully realizing that all the natural horrors happening around us are all occurring because of human activity. In a sense, we are all guilty...

1 comment:

Steven Huang said...

GLOBAL WARMING IS SOOOOOOO HOT....